Thursday 2 February 2012

We have lift off!

Trade Five : Front-of-house X Factor tickets for Spaceflight!

"Space, the final frontier, these are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise..."

Growing up, these words sent me scurrying to my lounge to sit cross-legged, a little too close to the television. I'm sure that during one episode my dad even said: 'I'll never go into space son, but perhaps one day you might, or your kids'. It was a suggestion that left me literally starry-eyed. I don't think spaceflight, not even voyages to near space, will ever lose that allure.

That's why I'm enormously proud to say we'll be attempting to do just that with the sixth swapper's (small) payload of choice, thanks to the technical knowledge of amateur space balloon expert Josh, from Surrey. In return for sending something into near space, Josh will get the two front-of-house X Factor Live tickets donated by NetMums.

Don't take my word for how good Josh is. Watch this footage from the BBC below:


So if you're a band interested in sending your CD into space or an individual, organisation or company eager to discuss a similar idea, please step up for the next trade! This swap can even include taking part in the full experience of launch day if you wish. I know I'll be there. To discuss the opportunity of a lifetime, email OPH on onepinkhairclip@hotmail.co.uk

Now here's a note from Josh, OPH's new partner in spaceflight...

"A tweet brought together both Graham and I, Josh Taylor of JoshingTalk. Graham has been enthusiastically blogging about one of my projects; sending a space balloon high up into the atmosphere....118,000 feet high to give an exact estimate! All the info is here: http://www.joshingtalk.com A little chat over the phone had us both brimming with ideas on a trade and, having always wanted to do this kind of project, I jumped at the chance to get involved!
First thing I did before talking to Graham, was have a good look in the dictionary for some exceptionally nice sounding words to use on the phone. I think I pulled this off (see blog post below) and Graham seems fairly confident that I have a good grip on this space balloon malarky.
My next project is another space balloon launch but with an artistic twist. We discussed the trade in depth and the offer is to advertise your company, brand or name on the payload as it reaches a huge height AND also, the opportunity to compose the music for the final Youtube video that I make!
It should be a great trade and with confidential negotiations, I feel that both traders could be in a great position to create awareness of what we're doing.
Exciting things are happening on both of our blogs and for good reasons too! It's wonderful to see so many people getting involved and I'm up certainly up for an enjoyable adventure....One Pink Paperclip is capable of providing that!
Keep an eye on both our blogs for more news....until then, let's trade!"
 

2 comments:

  1. For anyone who comes across this, I did the project successfully and One Pink Hairclip came with me.
    Reaching heights of around 100,000 feet and watching art being created was amazing.

    See the proof in the pudding: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ismarbadzic/7834727088/in/set-72157631189198600

    And enjoy the video I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR6ulvNFo-A&feature=g-all-u

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the best blog I have been through all this day.
    Moroccan oil

    ReplyDelete